OFFERED COURSES FOR THE DOCTORATE IN INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY 2022/23
During their Doctorate, students must obtain 12 credits (CFU) of specialist courses and attend courses on transferable skills for a total of 72 h.
PhD students choose courses from the “Catalogo di Ateneo”, that lists all courses organized by Doctorate courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
The teaching board in Industrial Chemistry annually organizes courses in the following scientific areas:
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
For the academic year 2022-2023, the following specialist courses will be offered in English and will be part of the Catalogo di Ateneo:
- "Smart nanomaterials for cryoconservation of tissues and organs: design, preparation and characterisation" (Coordinator: Stefano Pieraccini, 2 CFU)
- "Graphic Communication of Scientific Research to elevate your Papers." (Coordinator: Dominique Roberto, 2 CFU)
- "Literature and library research in industrial chemistry." (Coordinator: Maurizio Benaglia, 2 CFU)
- "Giovani e Impresa." (Coordinator: Dominique Roberto, this course is in Italian, 4 CFU)
- "Advanced organometallic characterization methods" (Coordinator: Alessandro Caselli, 2 CFU)
- "Novel applications in heterogeneous catalysis for porous materials: principles and operando X-ray based characterization" (Coordinator: Valentina Colombo, 2 CFU)
- "Biocatalysis for sustainable chemistry." (Coordinator: Giovanna Speranza, 2 CFU)
- "Life Cycle Assessment methodology." (Coordinator: Claudia Bianchi, 2 CFU)
Courses on transferable skills:
PhD students must attend courses organized by the Università degli Studi di Milano for all of the PhD students in areas of general interest, such as:
- Placement and job market
- Library and bibliographic research
- Research fundings
- Other topics
Details on these courses are directly given to the PhD students by email from the University (firstname.lastname@example.org).