OFFERED COURSES FOR THE DOCTORATE IN CHEMISTRY 2021/22
During their Doctorate, students must obtain 12 credits (CFU) of specialist courses and attend courses on transferable skills for a total of 72 h.
PhD students choose courses from the “Catalogo di Ateneo”, that lists all courses organized by Doctorate courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
The teaching board in Chemistry annually organizes courses in the following scientific areas:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
For the academic year 2021-2022, the following specialist courses will be offered in English and be part of the Catalogo di Ateneo:
- "Innovative aspects in the chemistry of ligands for transition metals: synthesis, properties and use in catalysis." (Coordinator: Fabio Ragaini, 2 CFU)
- "Graphic Communication of Scientific Research to make your presentations more incisive." (Coordinator: Emanuela Licandro, 2 CFU)
- "Literature search in chemistry". (Coordinator: Anna Bernardi, 2 CFU)
- "Enantiodiscrimination in analytical techniques." (Coordinator: Patrizia Mussini, 2 CFU)
- "Natural compound for pharmaceutical industry." (Coordinator: Emanuela Licandro and INDENA Company, 2 CFU)
- "Applications of Advanced NMR Techniques". (Coordinator: Francesca Vasile, 2 CFU)
- "Physical Organic Chemistry. Elementary Reactions. Orbital vs VB electronic structure. Acid-Base Reactivity. Redox Reactivity. Frontier Orbital Reactivity. Free Energy perturbation by substituents. Isotopic Perturbation. Symmetry Labeling." (Coordinator: Anna Bernardi, speaker: J. Siegel, 2CFU)
- "Innovative technologies" (Coordinator: Alessandra Puglisi, 2CFU)
Courses on transferable skills:
PhD students must attend courses organized by the Università degli Studi di Milano for all of the PhD students in areas of general interest, such as:
- Placement and job market
- Library and bibliographic research
- Research fundings
- Other topics
Details on these courses are directly given to the PhD students by email from the University (email@example.com).