OFFERED COURSES FOR THE DOCTORATE IN CHEMISTRY 2022/23
During their Doctorate, students must obtain 12 credits (CFU) of specialist courses and attend courses on transferable skills for a total of 72 h.
PhD students choose courses from the “Catalogo di Ateneo”, that lists all courses organized by Doctorate courses of Università degli Studi di Milano.
The teaching board in Chemistry annually organizes courses in the following scientific areas:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
For the academic year 2022-2023, the following specialist courses will be offered in English and be part of the Catalogo di Ateneo:
- "Metal catalyzed reactions leading to the formation of C-N bonds." (Coordinator: Fabio Ragaini, 2 CFU)
- "Graphic Communication of Scientific Research to make your presentations more incisive." (Coordinator: Daniele Passarella, with the participation of Dr. Serena Ghezzi, 2 CFU)
- "Literature search in chemistry". (Coordinator: Anna Bernardi, in collaboration with Prof. R. Martinazzo and Prof. C. Dragonetti 2 CFU)
- "Infra-red Spectroscopy of Complex Molecular Systems" (Coordinator: Michele Ceotto, 2 CFU)
- "Solar Energy Conversion" (Coordinator: Elena Selli, 2 CFU)
- "Applications of Advanced NMR Techniques". (Coordinator: Francesca Vasile, 2 CFU)
- "New Methodologies for Synthesis and Modification of Natural products". (Coordinator: Daniele Passarella, 2 CFU
- "Hpc@unimi: indaco for molecules and solids". (Coordinator: Rocco Martinazzo, 3 CFU)
Courses on transferable skills:
PhD students must attend courses organized by the Università degli Studi di Milano for all of the PhD students in areas of general interest, such as:
- Placement and job market
- Library and bibliographic research
- Research fundings
- Other topics
Details on these courses are directly given to the PhD students by email from the University (firstname.lastname@example.org).